Sunday, July 10, 2005

Where the Fish Are

I don't fish, and unless you fish it's hard to know anything about what goes on under the surface of the water. When I was a reporter, and when I was researching my book, I spent hours and hours on boats, in marinas, on docks, and on beaches trying to get fishermen to tell me about what they were catching.

Last weekend I came upon three blogs devoted to fishing in Long Island Sound and Connecticut: Connecticut Fishing Reports, Connecticut Fishing, and Fishing Reports (one wonders if the similarity in names says anything about the verbal imagination of fishermen who take up writing). They're all interesting and I check in with them regularly.

By the way, I found them through a new blog called Connecticut Weblogs, which tracks and links to blogs about Connecticut. If you live in Connecticut you might find it worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker