Sunday, December 04, 2005

Speakers Bureau

Are you looking for a speaker for your next event, one who tells the history of Long Island Sound through interesting and eye-opening stories and anecdotes?

I've given about 50 talks and lectures on various Sound topics in the time since my book came out. Organizations bring me back because I know what's happening on the Sound now, what happened in the past, and why it's important. And because I know that a good story is worth about a thousand dull PowerPoint slides.

I do it because it's a great way to keep on top of what's happening on Sound issues, and because it keeps me connected to the community of Long Island Sound advocates.

My topics include:

What is Long Island Sound For?

The History of Oystering on Long Island Sound

Long Island Sound's Industrial History

Adriaen Block and the Discovery of Long Island Sound: What You Think You Know is Probably Wrong

The Cleanup: Is Long Island Sound Improving?


Groups I've spoken to include:

Audubon Connecticut

The Jay Heritage Society (Rye)

Connecticut Fund for the Environment annual meeting

The Norwalk Maritime Aquarium

The Stamford Rotary

The Audubon Council of New York

The South Street Seaport Association

SoundWaters

The Long Island Sound Watershed Alliance Citizens Summit

The Fishers Island Conservancy's Nature Days

And many others.

If your group or business or organization is interested, by all means email me: tandersen54 at optonline.net. I get good reviews and my fee is very reasonable.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger D L Ennis said...

Hi Tom, great site and very important work you are doing here!

I have just started a blog called Oceanic Times all about the worlds oceans, and am looking for writers to join me. Please, take a look and see if you would be interested. You can click on the image that says writers wanted to email me. http://oceanicatimes.blogspot.com/

2:57 PM  
Anonymous inchirieri apartamente cluj said...

It is very important when giving a presentation to include anecdotes and sometimes even jokes. The public becomes more interested, and why not the anecdote remains in their minds after the presentation for a longer period than some words on a slide would.

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker