Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Summer Hours

Blogging about Long Island Sound in summer, I can see now, is going to be different from the rest of the year. Circumstances have changed, particularly the circumstance that allowed me to start Sphere, early last winter: with summer vacation here, I no longer have to get up at 6:10 to get my daughter on the bus at 6:45 for middle school. I’m sleeping later, and happily so, but I no longer have 45 minutes or an hour to fill before getting ready for work, and it was during that time that I did most of my blogging.

So bear with me while I figure out a summer schedule that accommodates both sleeping in and blogging.

In the meantime, I’m working on posts about:

-- the big Long Island Sound summit scheduled for July 20 and 21 at Danford’s Inn, in Port Jefferson;

-- and fireworks and threatened shore birds.

Next week I’ll be off to the valleys of the Lemon Fair and Chubb rivers, and if internet connections are available in such remote outposts, I might blog from there. So keep checking in, and if you know of something that I should know, send me an e-mail: tandersen54@aol.com.

lemon fair

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker