Sunday, April 10, 2005

Another Reason to Like Chris Shays: He Can't Stand Tom DeLay

Christopher Shays had this to say yesterday in Greenwich about Tom DeLay, the exterminator who runs the House of Representatives:

"He is an absolute embarrassment to me and to the Republican Party."

And this: "He knows that . . . if he ever runs for speaker, I get to vote on the House floor, and my 'No' vote combined with the Democrats means he will never be speaker. One of the things I want to say here is that Tom DeLay will never be speaker in Congress."

"With all due respect, I can be accused of a lot of things, but supporting Tom DeLay is not one of them."


I've voted for only three Republicans in my 32 years of voting. Two of them are on the Town Board in my town. The other is Christopher Shays. When I lived in Connecticut I liked him for his environmental record. Now I like him even more

The Greenwich Time reports.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom,

As a practicing Democrat (by voting record, if not by registration), would you hold Hillary Clinton to the same ethical standards? Her practices have raised more red flags than the French Revolution.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker