Monday, March 02, 2009

The Feds Will Have to Decide on Broadwater's Appeal Soon

When Gov. David Paterson and the New York Department of State released their comprehensive and highly rational decision last April to deny Broadwater its permit to build a big LNG facility in Long Island Sound, it set off a timetable for the U.S. Department of Commerce to either agree or disagree (here's a post about last year's decision and there's more if you scroll through my posts of April 2008).

As Newsday reports, here, the deadline is approaching. As I wrote here, I don't think there's much chance of the decision being overturned, but you never know. I also wrote here that even if Commerce overturned the decision, New York still had the right to say no, although I have to admit I might have been speculating a little.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker