Thursday, July 06, 2006

Tour the Glass House

The last I’d heard, the National Trust for Historic Preservation was delaying the opening of Philip Johnson’s Glass House, in New Canaan, because it had yet to figure out how to handle access for the handicapped. They must have figured something out though because today’s Times reports that the house will be open for tours next spring.

The house is on Ponus Ridge Road, across from Johnson’s Hodgson House, and not far from five or six other knockout moderns. I’ve peered over the wall at it but I haven’t been inside. My wife has, though, twice, and reports that it’s stunning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

What great news! I'll be first in line to take a tour when it open to the public next spring.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker